Review: TMC V2 Therm 100
TMC V2 Therm 100 Length of Time In Nano Reef Tank
I did not want to break the bank on a heater but I also understood that I would need invest a little extra to get a decent and more importantly stable heater. The reviews I read of the TMC V2 Therm 100 Heater were good enough to make me think it would be a good solution for my Kent Nano Reef Tank. After 132 days in the tank I’m delighted to say it has been an excellent addition to my setup. No variance and nothing untoward. This is the result I hoped for but with aquatics you can never be entirely certain that this will be the case.
Solution: TMC V2 Therm 100
Setting up the unit is very simple with a push button that allows you fix the temperature at the desired level in °C and monitor via the ClearView LED display. The only criticism I can think of is that there is no option to switch to °F which is a feature some users may wish for. Construction is excellent and the glass heater is protected with a reinforced plastic. The heater is held in place by the usual suction cup approach and this has been trouble free since day one.
Cost, Features and Benefits:
- Cost: £23.00 – £30.00
- Digitally adjustable for precise temperature setting
- Monitors and displays real time water temperature via a “ClearView” LED display
- Equipped with sophisticated “Temperature Recall” micro chipFully submersible
- Temperature set range: 20°C – 34°C.Tolerance ± 1°C
- Thermal cut-off
- Toughened glass heater element
- Reinforced plastic heater element guard
- Excellent heat diffusion properties
- Simple installation using mounting brackets and suction cup clips provided
- Unit Length: 33cm
- Max Recommended Tank Volume: 120l
- Suitable for Marine & Freshwater
- Output: 100 Watt
- 1.8m power cable
- 24 Month Warranty
At £29.95 I’m more than happy with the purchase and its performance has been rock solid.